Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Getting Ready!

Everything is finally set! The locations have been (roughly) locked in and the tickets are booked!

Below is the country list that has been locked in so far, and I'm frantically trying to pack up my life here into a storage container and shift to the backpacking nomadic lifestyle...

Peru (May 28)
Argentina
Chile
Venezuela
New Zealand
Cambodia
Thailand
Vietnam
Malaysia
United Arab Emirates
Russia
Turkey
Romania
Bulgaria
Greece
Albania
Montenegro
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Croatia
Hungary
Egypt
Morocco
France (Approx. Sept. 15)


Not quite ready yet, but definitely excited!

Corey the Nomad



11 comments:

  1. What an itinerary! Be safe and have an amazing time. -Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to more posts from each of these amazing places! Have a fantastic time, Corey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TTM! With the people I'll be with, I don't think there's a way for me not to have a fantastic time!

      Delete
  3. Holy cow, this is quite the itinerary! Of those places I've been to, I would highly recommend a Graffitimundo tour of street art in Buenos Aires, cooking in an open air kitchen on a farm near Chiang Mai (Sammy's Organic Thai Cooking School was a great experience), and spending at least a week in Turkey (Istanbul, Cappadocia and Ephesus were all incredible). Have an awesome summer and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will most definitely be more of a "survey course" than an seminar...

      Thanks for the recommendations! They all sound amazing, I'll be sure to post up some pictures of the ones we do.

      Definitely spending over a week in Turkey. Awesome country with SOOO much to see...Did you do a tour? or just go to each of those places? Any tour company recommendations?

      Delete
    2. Just did the graffitimundo tour in BA and it was AWESOME! Thanks again for the suggestion!

      Delete
  4. Corey

    Looks like a fantastic trip but certainly a whirlwind. I've only been to about a third of these countries but my favorite country of all is Bhutan, followed by Bolivia. Have a great trip and I'd extend it if I were you.

    Norman Rizk (Roger's brother)
    Palo Alto, California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Norman! Yes, it will most definitely be a whirlwind...I would have loved to get up to Bhutan and Nepal, but unfortunately it's the middle of monsoon season! Oh well...next time...

      Thanks for checking out the blog!

      Delete
  5. Bon voyage! What a plan that make people jealous enough!! Wait a second, where's China? I guess it's my fault - promoted too much for Cambodian, Thailand and Malaysia, but NOT enough for China. Grrr...Anyway, glad you made it through the flight ex-DC. Enjoy te journey~ ; >

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci! Don't worry, China's definitely on my list, just not for this trip...

      Good luck with your summer!

      Delete